There are a number of ways that you can assist us in our mission. The easiest way is to make a gift of cash to the organization.
- You make your gift in any amount to Valley.
- Valley will deposit your funds in the Valley Freedom Fund or will set up a separate account to hold the proceeds from your donation.
- You can recommend how you want your gift used or you can rely on the management of Valley to put your donation to its highest and best use.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Valley handles all legal, financial and administrative details.
- Your gift can be placed in an endowment that is invested over time. Net income from your gift provides support for Valley’s valuable services in perpetuity.
Remember: Your gift enhances our quality of care and that leads to higher quality of lives for the individuals we serve!
Other options that exist for the potential donor that have favorable tax implications are to:
- Remember Valley in your will through a bequest.
- Establish a Charitable Remainder Trust, which allows you to continue to use an asset and/or receive revenue from it while you are alive but provides Valley with the principal of the asset after a period of time.
- Donate ordinary income property (property such as inventory, or a capital asset held less than a year) in turn for a deduction generally equal to the basis of the property.•
- Donate capital assets (stocks, bonds, jewelry, personal property), real property or depreciable property, generally in return for a deduction equal to the fair market value of the asset.•
Be assured that whatever you decide to give to Valley will be used to improve the quality of life for individuals who have too often faced seemingly insurmountable barriers to that quality of life.
•Be sure to consult with your tax advisor about the deductibility of certain donations
OUR MISSION: Valley HealthCare System shall improve our community’s health by delivering the highest quality behavioral health care guided by our consumers’ needs.